- Presentation Systems
- Digital Signs
- Using Drupal
- Using OmniUpdate
- Request Support
- Student Employment
College of Engineering Computing Services
30 Seaton Hall
920 N. 17th St.
Manhattan, KS 66506
Paslay Auditorium Instructions
To download these instructions in PDF format, click here.
Paslay Hall Reservation Policy
The auditorium MUST BE RESERVED in advance. To obtain a key and reserve the hall, contact the dean's office.
Dean's Office - 1046 Rathbone - 532-5590
- College of Engineering Computing Services
- Steve Coulson
- To turn on the projector, press the ON button on the control panel, located on top of the podium.
- To lower the screen, hold down the right-most switch in the row of three white switches located to the left of the blackboard.
- Sound for the room is switched on next to the lighting controls.
- To switch inputs, raise or lower the volume, or play/pause media, use the control panel on the top of the podium.
Ending Your Session
- Turn off the sound system
- Turn off the projector by pressing OFF on the control panel on top of the podium.
- Return screens and lights to their original settings
- Return the key to Engineering Experiment Station (RA1048)
To use the Computer
- To display the computer on the projector press Computer 1 on the control panel, loctated on the podiium.
- USB ports are available on the left side of the monitor, as well as on the front of the machine.
Warning: Security software on this computer will erase all changes made on the next reboot. This includes any files or data you may have created. These lost files are non-recoverable.
To connect a Laptop
- Locate the VGA and Audio cables in the cable cubby on the left side of the podium.
- Connect the VGA and Audio cables to the laptop.
- Press Laptop on the control panel to project the laptop display.
- To return to the PC display press Computer 1 on the control panel.
Note: If the display does not appear on the projector, you may need to change the monitor settings on your laptop. The settings should have a maximum screen resolution of 1024x768 and the refresh rate should be less than 75 Hertz. This can be done in the "Display" control panel, accessed by right-clicking on your desktop and choosing "Properties."
Using the VCR/DVD
- Power on the DVD/VCR.
- Press the VCR/DVD button on the control panel.
- Select VCR or DVD under Mode on the control panel.
- Insert a cassette/disc into the unit and press play.
Using the ELMO
- Open the lid on the right side of the desk.
- Adjust ELMO as desired.
- Select Document Camera on the control panel.
Please remember to switch off the Lapel Microphone when you are finished using it.