- Presentation Systems
- Digital Signs
- Using Drupal
- Using OmniUpdate
- Request Support
- Student Employment
College of Engineering Computing Services
30 Seaton Hall
920 N. 17th St.
Manhattan, KS 66506
Fiedler Auditorium Instructions
To download these instructions in PDF format, click here.
Fiedler Auditorium Reservation Policy
The auditorium MUST BE RESERVED in advance. To request a reservation and obtain keys to the podium and sound closet, contact the Dean of Engineering's office.
Dean of Engineering Office
Room: 1046 Rathbone
- College of Engineering Computing Services
The lighting panel is located near the podium, by the door to the back room. The buttons numbered 1 through 5 are preset lighting patterns that can probably meet most needs without further adjustments. Moving forward or backward in the numbered sequence makes the room darker or brighter.
- 1: All lights on.
- 2: Same as (1), but whiteboard lights are turned off.
- 3: Same as (2) but front downlights are turned off.
- 4: Same as (3) but audience area is dimmed.
- 5: Same as (4) but audience area is even darker.
- 6: All off except aisle and wall sconce lights.
To Turn the Projector On
- Tap the podium touchscreen to activate the podium systems and projector.
To turn the Projector Off
- Press Exit System on the touchscreen. Confirm exit by pressing Yes on the dialog box that appears. The system will cooldown the projector and power down the podium.
- Turn off all lights as you exit.
- Return the keys to the Office of the Dean of Engineering.
To use the Presentation Computer
- Press Computer on the podium touchscreen, then Send to the display you would like.
- A USB port is available on the Podium Panel to the right of the pdoim touchscreen.
Warning: Security software on this computer will erase all changes made on the next reboot. This includes any files or data you may have created. These lost files are non-recoverable. To use a network drive for your data, please use the "ENGG Login" shortcut located on the desktop computer.
To Connect a Laptop
- Locate the VGA or HDMI cable in the left-hand drawer of the Fiedler Podium.
- Connect the VGA\HDMI cable to the connector on the Podium Panel which is to the right of the podium touchscreen and the other end of the cable to your laptop.
- Press VGA or HDMI Laptop on the podium touchscreen, then Send To Display you would like.
To use the ELMO (Document Camera)
- The ELMO is located on the right side of the podium on a slide-out tray. The slide-out tray must be unlocked prior to use.
- Raise the camera arm and the two document lamp arms to their upright positions. The camera arm will lock into position.
- To turn the ELMO, press the gray power switch on the upper-right hand corner of the ELMO. The document lights (on the two light arms) will activate.
- To display the ELMO, press Document on the podium touchscreen, then Send To Display.
- To manually adjust the ELMO brightness/darkness setting, use the instructions posted on the tray at the front end of the ELMO.
To use the Lapel Microphone
- To use the Lapel Microphone move the switch from the OFF position to the ON position. A green light will indicated that the microphone is functioning.
- Please remember to switch off the Lapel Microphone when you are finished using it.
- Note:There are wireless handheld Mics available for use located in the Fiedler sound room (F1107A), in the cabinet drawer labeled "Mics".