- Presentation Systems
- Digital Signs
- Using Drupal
- Using OmniUpdate
- Request Support
- Student Employment
College of Engineering Computing Services
30 Seaton Hall
920 N. 17th St.
Manhattan, KS 66506
Dean's Conference Instructions
To download these instructions in PDF format, click here.
To turn on the television
- Locate the remote in the second drawer from the right in the cabinet just under the TV.
- Stand a few feet away from the television and press the Power button on the remote.
To use the presentation computer
- After powering on the television, if the computer is not displayed by default press the Input button on the remote and select PC in the input menu.
- Locate the wireless keyboard and mouse in the cabinet drawer.
- To plug in a flash drive or other USB device, a USB extension (see below) is available above the countertop bundled with other cables.
To use a laptop
- Press the Input button on the remote and select VGA/Laptop in the input menu.
- Plug the provided VGA and audio cable into your laptop.
- It may be necessary to tell your Windows laptop to direct signal to the television. Locate the key on your laptop keyboard, hold it down and press the "P" key simultaneously. Four small boxes should appear, and you will want to select "Duplicate."
- If using a Mac laptop you will need to connect the provided VGA and audio cable, click the upper left-hand Apple menu, select System Preferences, then Displays, and finally select "Detect Displays." Please locate your computer manual for keyboard shortcut.
To watch cable television
- Cable television is also available, and can be accessed by pressing the Input button on the remote and selecting TV from the options list.
WARNING: Security software on this computer will erase all changes made on the next reboot. This includes any files or data you may have created. These lost files are non-recoverable. To use a network drive for your data, please use the “ENGG Login” shortcut located on the desktop of the computer.