- Presentation Systems
- Cargill Classroom
- Fiedler Auditorium
- Dean's Conference
- Edwards Conference
- Rathbone Classrooms
- ChE Conference Room
- EEXT Conference
- Engineering Conference Room
- Engineering Hall Auditorium
- Engineering Recording Classrooms
- Fiedler Hall Study Rooms
- Digital Signs
- Using Drupal
- Using OmniUpdate
- Request Support
- Student Employment
College of Engineering Computing Services
30 Seaton Hall
920 N. 17th St.
Manhattan, KS 66506
Cargill Classroom Instructions
To download these instructions in PDF format, click here.
Cargill Classroom Reservation Policy
The classroom MUST BE RESERVED in advance. To obtain a key and reserve it, contact the Office of Engineering Research and Graduate Programs (ERGP):
Room: 1042 Rathbone
- College of Engineering Computing Services
To Start the Presentation System
Press the tablet screen to start.
When you turn on the system, the projector will automatically start.
When you select the source, that is what will be displayed on the projector.
There are a couple of source options:
- Desktop: This is the computer that is located in the cabinet. This will have all engineering software installed. You can also click the ENGG Login icon on the desktop to be able to access your network drives. WARNING: Security software on this computer will erase all changes made on the next reboot. This includes any files or data you may have created. These lost files are non-recoverable.
- Laptop: Touch this source if you are connecting a laptop. There is a VGA and HDMI cable inputs to connect your laptop.
- Document Camera: There is a document camera on the desk. If the power light is not on press the red button on the document camera to turn it on.
If you select the camera you can move it with the controls on the screen.
If you would like to record your class please use the MediaSite screen in the middle. The default is to record the camera and what you have projected on the screen. When you are done recording you can press stop. Please fill out this form to have your recording uploaded to canvas: FORM
If you would like to schedule a recording please fill out this form: FORM
When you have a scheduled recording, the recording will automatically start 5 minutes before your class and end 5 minutes after your class time, and there is nothing for you to remember.
The default layout is to have whatever is showing on the projector as the main area of the recording, with a smaller PIP of the instructor camera.
Info requested when sheduling a recording: Class Number, ClassDay/Time and Your name.
To Stop the Presentation System
- Press Exit System on the Touchpanel to turn off the presentation system. The projector will also begin to cooldown and shutoff.
Leave the room in a neat, orderly condition for the next user
- Erase the whiteboard
- Check for personal items left in the room
- Put all waste in trash containers
- Turn off the lights
- Close and lock the door
To connect a Laptop
- Open the Cable Cubby, connect A/V cables to laptop
- Press VGA or HDMI Laptop on the Touchpanel Source.
To use the Document Camera
- Turn it on (power switch, upper right corner of ELMO).
- Press Document Camera on the Touch Panel.
To use the Lapel Microphone
Please remember to switch off the Lapel Microphone when you are finished using it.